Are you a Ugandan female poet brimming with poetry and verse? Are you ready to take your poetry from the page to the stage? Then join the #Babishai2016 Poetry Festival from 24-26 August 2016, under the theme, Abundance: Poetry From Contemporary Africa.
Interested poets are invited to showcase their work(s) by:-
- Launching poetry collection(s)
- Performing poems
- Attending or holding a poetry master class or monologue
- Participating in a poetry dialogue or silent poetry or
- Showcasing children’s poetry or poetography
Poetry in Lumasaaba, Luo, Luganda, Runyankore and any other Ugandan language can be submitted.
During the three-day festival, both new and older Ugandan and international poets and artistes would perform or anchor open mics as well as children’s poetry sessions.
A poetry session at The Foothills of The Mountains of The Moon will precede the festival, from June 10th to 13th 2016. Find details here: http://bnpoetryaward.blogspot.ug/2015/10/babishai-poetry-on-mountain-10-to-13.html
Interested Ugandan female poets should submit the following to apply:-
- A one-page summary of what they propose to showcase (as MS Word attachment)
- A 500-word bio (as MS Word attachment)
- A recent passport photograph (in jpeg or GIFF)
- Links to previous work
All works should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: Monday, 8 February 2016.
Successful poets will be notified on Monday, 4 April 2016
For inquiries, contact:
Harriet Anena: +256781412975 OR, Roxanna Aliba Kazibwe: +256 787 428547